Looking towards next years TIW

CS_Voobly

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 25 April 2016 - 8:45 am by CS_Voobly
Contents:

Overview of Suggested Changes

TIW has been a success in terms of games between the elite two clans. This I won't argue. However I feel like interest among the rest of the community in competing has waned, they are more interested in watching the drama than trying to get to the final. There are exceptions, but if we are serious about growing competition there needs to be a focus on inclusion, not elitism. There are four things I believe need to change to make it easier for new entrants to practice and become competitive by next years event.
  • Remove the random decider for TG
  • Set a map list. Allow voting for TG decider from the pool
  • Do not allow unfair maps like AoW and Europe
  • Change the veto system

Possible Map List

1v1

RCB
Grave
Dome
Lustful
Archer Blood
Radical
Khans
Veteran
Spider
CBX
CBA or CBA Hero
Nova
Smosh
Bacteria
KM
Gwars or Drow
Decider: Random

2v2

Dome
Smosh
Veteran
WoA
RCB
Nova
Archer Blood
KM
CBX
Graves
Gwars or Drow
Radical
Dome
CBA or CBA Hero
Bacteria
Path
Smosh
Fury
BSB
Decider: Random

TG

Gwars or Drow
Smosh
CBA or CBA Hero
Veteran
WoA
RCB
Nova
Archer Blood
KM
CBX
Graves
Hero Fest
Radical
Fury
BSB
Path
Decider: TBD

Notes on Maps

AoW and Europe have their adherents but there is too much of a commitment needed to be able to compete. It is simply unfair to expect everyone to put that much time into preparing for two maps. They could be vetoed but then the veto system becomes redundant for smaller clans, in my opinion. If people want to do expert team games in those maps it should be outside of TIW.

Bacteria, yes its a germs edit and no, it isn't perfect. Yes, it can be tweaked further and yes a modified germs with smaller changes can be made and added as a 'one or the other' selection in the list.

Herofest, it is a classic map. I never denied this. However I believe any popular version is inherently 'campy' and should only be done in a 3v3/4v4 and yes the rams version should be the one chosen unless a new one supersedes it.

BSB and Fury have been rejuvenated by Malte and presuming they are bug free by next year they should be included for sure. Neither should be in 1v1 though, in my opinion.

Radical needs an anti camp edit. Such as changing the inner towers to keeps.

Veto System

Instead of three global vetoes I propose that the 1v1 and 2v2 set have one veto each. The TG round should have two vetoes. These vetoes will only apply to the round they are used in. As the pack I suggested does not contain too many 'cheap win' maps then this should be pretty fair. With no random round for TG there will be less delay in terms of deciding on veto usage.

Please engage in discussion

These are suggestions. It is possible to discuss things instead of simply throwing mud.
If all this does is encourage other people to come up with better ideas then this will have been worth it.

On a final note: I also worry about bigger clans siphoning talent away from potential challengers. I don't know how to fairly stop this. Anyone have any ideas?
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 V4NG3L1S

Posted 25 April 2016 - 9:33 am
CS_Voobly wrote:
On a final note: I also worry about bigger clans siphoning talent away from potential challengers. I don't know how to fairly stop this. Anyone have any ideas?

One thing I noticed is that many potentially competitive players are spectating/training with their clan members but are not actually playing in the competition. Perhaps a rule can be set so that any member of one clan who does not play X amount of games should not be eligible to be considered a TiW winner. That way, members of clans will not leech victories from their very skillful players. These members may then be inclined to form their own clans and actually compete in the tournament.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [7th]Like_Gg___

Edited 25 April 2016 - 9:49 am by [7th]Like_Gg___
Now you dont want the aow? Whats next, hf? Lustful?

Let army do his job, we had 2 sucesfully tiws
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 25 April 2016 - 9:48 am
I think it might be worthwhile doing this as a world cup idea or a team based event rather than with clans.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 25 April 2016 - 9:59 am
7th is considering making 2 teams for next one. Would make for more competitive teams and more players playing more matches. Will ofcourse depend on how many people will still be interested /active next year
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 MethodMann

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:06 am
Sombra Hades Benzy Panda Sirvan. I think they can create a new clan for competition
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:09 am
MethodMann wrote:
Sombra Hades Benzy Panda Sirvan. I think they can create a new clan for competition

That would create good competition in bronze league.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [xCs]IYIastA

Group: Silver Membership
Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:21 am
V4NG3L1S wrote:
One thing I noticed is that many potentially competitive players are spectating/training with their clan members but are not actually playing in the competition. Perhaps a rule can be set so that any member of one clan who does not play X amount of games should not be eligible to be considered a TiW winner. That way, members of clans will not leech victories from their very skillful players. These members may then be inclined to form their own clans and actually compete in the tournament.

This could be got around very easily by playing them against weaker clans.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [xCs]IYIastA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:22 am
7th is considering making 2 teams for next one. Would make for more competitive teams and more players playing more matches. Will ofcourse depend on how many people will still be interested /active next year

This is a good idea if its possible.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [xCs]IYIastA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:23 am
Now you dont want the aow? Whats next, hf? Lustful?

Let army do his job, we had 2 sucesfully tiws

More players taking part should always be the goal.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [_A]Faravahar

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:23 am
MethodMann wrote:
They all contribute whether it's practice, coming up with strategies or actually playing maps.
And Barry if you really want to help CS, stop making these topics every day.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:24 am
And Barry if you really want to help CS, stop making these topics every day.

Gotta agree to this ^^
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [xCs]IYIastA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:26 am
I think it might be worthwhile doing this as a world cup idea or a team based event rather than with clans.

If I did a tournament it would have less maps than this to be honest. This format would still be heavily weighed to established teams.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [Eot_]Zanchy____

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:27 am
it's surely far too early to discuss next TIW 11

anyway tho andy is right, there are plenty of people who could have played and didn't or didn't play much, that goes for most of the seeded clans, would be nice to see more "competitive" teams next time :) tho I would limit it to 2 teams per clan

also as D said most of those members played a role, just often behind the scenes
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 [xCs]IYIastA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:28 am
it's surely far too early to discuss next TIW 11

anyway tho andy is right, there are plenty of people who could have played and didn't or didn't play much, that goes for most of the seeded clans, would be nice to see more "competitive" teams next time :) tho I would limit it to 2 teams per clan

also as D said most of those members played a role, just often behind the scenes

Why is it too early? If a map list is set a year in advance then newer/less established clans have a long time to learn those maps without being stressed about it.

連結 | 回應 | 引用
[1]23456
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 84 posts
轉至討論版面: